Updates from the College of Urgent Care Medicine
The College of Urgent Care Medicine (CUCM) is committed to inspiring excellence advancing the specialty of urgent care medicine. The Board and CUCM committees continue to pursue that vision. As a reminder, physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners benefiting from either an individual or organizational membership are automatically enrolled in the College. The College now represents over 2400 urgent care clinicians—a truly powerful voice. If unsure if you are signed up under your organizational membership, please reach out to email@example.com.
Recent College activities and updates include the following:
- Becoming a Fellow in the College or Urgent Care medicine (FCUCM)--The application process has just become easier. Open to physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
- Urgent Updates—a New Member Benefit of contemporary and clinically relevant information with the information’s resource if you want to know more.
- Best Practices—First up, the new CDC Guidelines on the treatment of gonorrhea
- Call for Committee Members for CUCM’s Urgent Update and Best Practices Committees
- Listserv access will be limited to members only, effective 4/1/2021
Learn More Here
YOU ARE A MEMBER OF THE COLLEGE OF URGENT CARE MEDICINE - NOW TAKE THE NEXT STEP AND BECOME A FELLOW (FCUCM)
Physicians, PA-Cs, and NPs in the urgent care field who are members of CUCM are eligible to be awarded the FCUCM distinction. This fellowship denotes dedication to the specialty of urgent care medicine and the pursuit of clinical excellence.
With a goal of simplifying the application process, the CUCM Board approved revised criteria in February 2021. Updated criteria are now available for physicians and advanced practice clinicians.
Each year fellows are recognized and receive their certificates during the Urgent Care Foundation Celebration or at the Annual Meeting of CUCM members, both taking place in New Orleans during the UCA 2021 Convention.
Apply now and join these colleagues who have earned the FCUCM distinction:
- Robyn Baron, DO, FCUCM
- Chrysa Charno, PA-C, MBA, FCUCM
- Tracey Q. Davidoff, MD, FCUCM
- William Gluckman, DO, MBA, FACEP, CPE, FCUCM
- Robert G. Graw, Jr., MD, FCUCM
- Glenn Harnett, MD, FCUCM
- Robin Henson, DNP, RN, CPNP-CP, FCUCM
- John Kulin, DO, FACEP, FCUCM
- Peter Lamelas, MD, MBA, FACEP, FCUCM
- Sean McNeeley, MD, FCUCM
- Roma Patel, MD, FCUCM
- Bahar Sedarati, MD, FCUCM
- Benjamin Silverberg, MD, MSc, FAAFP, FCUCM
- Thomas Tryon, MD, MBA, FAAP, FCUCM
- Mary Ann Yehl, DO, FCUCM
The college was prominently featured at the third antibiotic stewardship symposium durng the 2019 National Urgent Care Convention and Expo. UCA, CUCM, the CDC and many urgent care organizations met to discuss antibiotic use and resistance as well as paths to improved stewardship. Providing the correct antibiotic, proper dose, duration and only when truly needed was the focus. The college antibiotic stewardship kit can be found here
THE CUCM® DIFFERENCE
The College of Urgent Care Medicine is dedicated to its mission of inspiring excellence in patient care and advancing the specialty through education, advocacy, and research.
New in Q4 2020--physicians and advanced practice clinicians (APCs) are automatically enrolled in the College as a benefit of membership in the Urgent Care Association. This change elevated the role of the College but, more importantly, the voice of the urgent care clinician.
Member benefits include but are not limited to:
- Urgent Caring-published monthly;
- Exclusive access to a community of your colleagues via the CUCM sponsored Listserv(s). In addition to the general CUCM Listserv, a distinct Listserv was established for COVID-19 resources and communications;
- Urgent Updates (U2); Best Practices nuanced to care delivery in the urgent care setting;
- Free or discounted participation in CUCM sponsored clinical education;
- Eligibility to become a Fellow in the College of Urgent Care Medicine (FCUCM);
- and, All benefits associated with being a member of the Urgent Care Association® found at ucaoa.org.